Latitude Gallery is going to the Abrolhos Islands for Clean up Australia Day 2018 again. As you would be aware we have pearl farm in these waters, part of our ethos is we like to take care of our environment. We appreciate that our ocean is a place that provides humans with so much. Respecting this we like to nurture our waters and look after them so we can continue to produce our Pearls in a non polluted body of water. We have selected the volunteers who will collect flotsam and jetsam which has washed up on the islands.
We will be collecting plastics, ropes, old broken pots, pot floats, wood, glass and plastic bottles. We will bring it all back to town and then on Monday the 5th of March 2018 from 9am to 1pm at the Geraldton Fisherman's Wharf fuel berth, anyone can come down and pick through the goods to see what can be recycled into an interesting and creative work of art.
What you need to do is
- Select and collect your material at the Geraldton Fishermen's Wharf fuel berth on Monday the 5th of March 2018 between 9am and 1pm. Please wear shoes to protect your feet as the ground may have broken glass, rusty nails etc.
- Have your piece of art created and delivered to Latitude Gallery by Tuesday 10th April 2018 along with your completed entry form.
- Download your entry form
Latitude Gallery will be opening the exhibition of the artwork that is created on the 14th April at 5.30 to 8.30pm where the winners will be announced. The exhibition will be on display until 12th May 2018.
- Flotsam and Jetsam Recycling Award The entire piece is to consist of recycled found objects which were collected from Flotsam and Jetsam (glue, nails, paint is acceptable additions to your piece)Prize is $1000 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers plus a day trip to the Abrolhos Islands from Geraldton Air Charter value $350
2. Artistic View Combine the Flotsam and Jetsam with your own style and additional mediums.Prize $500 Voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers and a $500 gift voucher from KM Photography and Picture Framing.
- Junior Artists View—Can be in either of the above categories child needs to be 16yrs or younger.Prize $250 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
- Gallery Choice Award—The piece of artwork from any of the above 3 categories voted by the gallery team members as their favourite and outstanding entry. Prize $400 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
- Peoples Choice Award—For the duration of the exhibition, the general public will be invited to vote for their favourite entrant. The winner will be announced at the closing of the exhibition.Prize $400 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers and from KM Photography and Picture Framing a Family and Pet Photo Shoot which includes a complimentary 8x10 print framed valued at $500.
A huge THANK YOU to our SPONSORS
(Artwork is available for sale under the artists discretion.)
I look forward to seeing you all at the Wharf so you can collect your materials on Monday the 5th March 2018 (the remaining rubbish will be held at Latitude Fisheries, 57 Connell Road, Geraldton.
For more information email email@example.com.
The Girl who grows the pearl!