Flotsam and Jetsam Prizes
Latitude Gallery will be holding an exhibition of the artwork that is created. Opening night will be Saturday 1st May 2021 depending on Covid restrictions. The artwork will be judged and awards presented on this night at Latitude Gallery Jewellers. (Exhibition closes Saturday 29th May 2021)
1. Flotsam and Jetsam Recycling Award: The entire piece is to consist of 95% found recycled objects which were collected from Flotsam and Jetsam (glue, nails, paint are acceptable additions to your piece). Prize is a $1,000 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers, plus a trip for two to the Abrolhos Islands from Geraldton Air Charter valued at $780.
2. Artistic View: Combine the Flotsam and Jetsam with your own style and additional mediums. Prize is a $1,000 voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers plus a $500 voucher from Karl Monaghan Photography and Framing.
3. Wearable Art Award: The piece that most represents a wearable work of art, for example interesting ways to make jewellery, accessories, bags or even maybe dresses – use your imagination. This category includes the use of Flotsam and Jetsam but in addition, you can include your own medium similar to the Artistic View category. Prize is a $1,000 voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
4. Junior Artist's View: This prize is awarded to a child 16yrs or younger from any of the above categories. The prize is a $250 voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
5. Gallery Choice Award: The piece of artwork from any of the entries voted by the Latitude Jewellers team members as their favourite and most outstanding entry. The prize is a $500 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
6. People’s Choice Award: For the duration of the exhibition, the general public will be invited to vote for their favourite entrant. The winner will be announced at the closing of the exhibition on 29th May 2021. The prize is a $500 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
7. Gemma Allen Memorial Award: Artwork to be judged from any of the above categories. The prize is a $500 gift voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.
8. Maritime Heritage Award: Artwork that depicts the rich maritime heritage (natural and/or human) of the Batavia Coast (Dongara to Kalbarri to the Houtman Abrolhos Islands) representing the maritime heritage of the Batavia Coast including the Abrolhos Islands. This is judged from any of the above categories. The prize is $250 cash from Batavia Coast Maritime Heritage Association plus a $250 voucher from Latitude Gallery Jewellers.